Why not do less?
March 24, 2023
As a chronic maximizer, here are a few reminders that I need from time to time.
- You don’t have to take action on every idea.
- There’s no need to push every project to the max; ship when things are useful.
- You can make a decision without knowing every last detail and option; action will bring clarity.
- It’s okay if you don’t finish every book you start; some books are turds.
- You don’t have to respond to every email you receive.
- Sometimes good enough is good enough.
Having breathing room — a little bit left over — is perfectly acceptable. In fact, it’s preferred.
In a nut, I’d rather go big on a few really special things by doing less on everything else.