This morning Flexibits released Fantastical 2.1, a huge update to our favorite calendar app for iPhone. The same update has also come to the iPad version. As always, we love Fantastical for its superior natural-language input and clear view of upcoming events, among many other things. We just can’t recommend this app enough.
Now, let’s look at Fantastical 2.1’s new features.
Open a Fantastical event or reminder notification to see snooze options.
People and places
When creating a new event, tap the arrow in the location field on the ‘Details’ screen to open an Apple Maps pane. From there, you can search and add contacts or locations to your event. This event map can be hidden in the app’s settings if you don’t want it displayed.
New event invitation notifications and more options to customize the app icon badge. You can have the badge display the current date or calendar week, which is neat.
Forgot about your buddy’s upcoming birthday? Fantastical now makes you look like a better friend by reminding you as the date draws near so you don’t forget to pick up the gift.
As you might expect, some of Fantastical’s UI elements have been touched up. For example:
- Now displays a helpful, animated event preview when duplicating and/or moving items.
- More pleasant calendar colors in the week view.
- Improved appearance for timed events that span multiple days in the week view.
External Keyboard Shortcuts
Open Settings → Help → Tips and Tricks for more info
To sum it all up, our favorite calendar app just got even better. What’s more, Flexibits is having a celebratory sale across the board:
- The iPhone app is currently $4.99, down from $9.99.
- The iPad app is $9.99, down from $14.99.
- Though the Mac app was not updated alongside the iOS apps, it is still on sale for half off—$9.99, down from $19.99.
If you haven’t gotten on the Fantastical train yet, now is the time, folks. And if you need a refresher on what makes this app so great, be sure to check out our comprehensive review.