Things for iOS offers Siri integration that makes it easy to add tasks while on the go. The one caveat is that you need to enable it. Here’s a quick look at how to do that.
To get started, tap Settings from the main screen in Things. Then, tap Siri → Enable Siri for Things.
Once it’s enabled, you’ve got plenty of options for interacting with your Things data from Siri.
Here are some examples:
- Add Call Shawn using Things.
- In Things, remind me to buy new air filters.
- In Things, remind me to email Shawn tomorrow at 8 AM.
- In Things, add buy batteries to my shopping list.
You can also show lists from Siri as well. Here are some examples:
- Show my Today list in Things.
- Show my Shopping list in Things.
One tip is to always say “In Things” or “With Things” when using Siri. If you don’t, Siri will use the Reminders app over Things.
We have more helpful tips right here.
Bonus! One more thing…
The Complete Guide to Managing Tasks in Things (Video)
If you struggle to keep up with all your tasks, we can show you some organization tips that may help you.
We put together a video that shows you everything you need to know about a task in Things:
- The difference between start dates and due dates and how to use them effectively.
- How to set up reminders so you never forget an important task again.
- How to use checklists for tasks that require more than one step.
- How to configure daily, weekly, monthly, or even annual repeating tasks.
- And more…
You don’t have to use any of these things in your tasks if you don’t want to. But knowing what they are and how they all work will help you be more organized, save time, and ensure you are using Things in the way that suits you best.
This video is something we have made available for free to our email subscriber community. You can get it right now. By joining the Sweet Setup community you’ll also get access to other guides, early previews to big new reviews and workflow articles we are working on, weekly roundups of our best content, and more.