Over on our sister site, we have been hard at work on a huge update to our popular class on time management. And the time has come…
There is a complete table of contents below, but some of the main themes addressed within the class include:
- How to get breathing room in your day.
- How to survive in a meeting-loving, urgency-centric office culture.
- How to create a time management system that works.
- How managing your time can empower a spontaneous and open schedule.
- The importance of valuing relationships over efficiency.
- Using your time to do work that matters and build your business, side project, etc.
- And so much more…
The class consists of 33 video lessons which add up to more 4.5 hours worth of video content.
Here is a complete breakdown of the class contents…
Any time I talk about focus, diligence, or productivity I have to lay the groundwork first. And so, before we dive into the nitty gritty, I give an overview of why it’s important to know what’s important to us in the first place.
Truly, any discussion around time management and productivity needs to include this foundational framework. It’s why most productivity advice focuses on the wrong things and just leaves us feeling frustrated in the end.
Time Management Cliches and Myths
We all know that time management is a subject as old as… well… time. So let’s address some of the long-held cliches and myths to see what’s true (and what isn’t) and why.
Setting Goals and Priorities
As Benjamin Franklin said, “Do not squander time, for that’s the stuff life’s made of.”
Ultimately, managing your time is unto something — it’s a means to an end. And that end is the living of life. How we spend our time is, quite literally, how we are living our life.
Therefore, if we’re gong to focus on time, it helps to have an understanding of how to properly set goals and priorities.
Overcoming Specific Time Management Challenges and Struggles
Based on the hundreds of emails we’ve received as feedback from our readers and customers, we compiled all of the most common challenges and struggles and have addressed them each directly.
- How to Make the Most of Yur Time
- How to Get a System That Works
- How to Estimate How Much You Can Complete in a Given Timeframe
- How to Stop Overcommitting
- How to Arrive On Time More Often
- What is The Tyranny of the Urgent and How to Avoid It
- How to Thrive with a Variable Schedule
- How to Overcome Procrastination
- How to Deal with Distractions and Interruptions
- How to Create Margin for your Time
- How to Keep Your Schedule
- How to Be Productive at Home
Time Management Strategies and Tactics
In addition to addressing the above specific challenges, I share over a dozen specific strategies and tactics to help you with your own approach to time management.
The best Time Management system is one that empowers you to spend time doing the things you want and need. These strategies and tactics are practical advice you can use right now to get control of your time without having to memorize some sort of new-fangled, massively-complex productivity system.
- Quick Wins, Strategies, and Tools for Time Management
- How to Plan Your Week
- How to Plan Your Day
- How to Create a Time Budget
- Creating an Attention Charter to Bring Calm to your Lifestyle
- Using the Pomodoro Technique for Increased Focus
- Using Themed Days to Balance Multiple Roles and Responsibilities
- Getting Smarter with your Media Consumption
- How to use Automation and Delegation to Save Time
- The Value of Accountability and Community
- Cognitive Energy and Saving our Strength through the day
- Better Defaults and Spending Your “Down Time” Better
You can learn more about our new Time Management class here. And, during the first week of its launch, you can get access at our special launch week price.