On Friday I shared with you my simple framework for keeping things on track.
- Lifestyle habits
- Daily Routine
- Process for focus
Thanks to my habits, routines, and process I was able to survive an extremely difficult 8-weeks where we thought my wife might have Stage IV cancer.
And, more than that, these things make up the foundation for how to show up every day and give your attention to the things that matter.
This framework gives you two huge advantages:
- It frees up your time
- It frees up your attention
With your Habits, Routines, and a Process all in sync, then you are liberated to focus on the bigger things in life.
Your Habits are the individual actions you do on autopilot.
Your Routine is a schedule and focus for your habits, creating lifestyle practices that compound and bring profound results over time.
Your Process is the repeatable structure for staying on track and realizing growth, day after day, week after week.
Here’s an example of these three in action:
- Habit: Writing for 30 minutes every day.
- Routine: Wake up, make coffee, sit down, begin writing.
- Process: Having a set time and place in mind; preparing the writing topic ahead of time so all that’s left to do is begin the work; checking in with your work and your goals once a week to ensure you are on track toward your desired outcomes; etc.
The value in this 3-part framework is impossible to measure.
How many things in your life give you back time and attention!?
How many things in life liberate you to focus on the one or two areas that really need your full attention right now, without forcing you to ignore and neglect the other areas of your life that still matter?
Join Me Tomorrow – Live Webinar
Tomorrow, Tuesday 8 December, I hope you’ll join me for a live webinar presentation I’ll be giving to dive into these things a bit more.
I’ll be sharing:
- Why all three things matter (Habits, Routine, Process).
- How they each fit together.
- The approach I use to incorporate them in my own life.
The live webinar is tomorrow! Tuesday, 8 December, at 2pm Eastern / 1pm Central.
I hope to see you there! (This is our last event of 2020 before we break for the holidays.)
* * *
P.S. There will be a replay available, but we are only sending it to those who RSVP. We don’t have any plans to post the replay publicly.