We’re big fans of Things here at The Sweet Setup, and a new way to automate it is now available.
Zapier, a popular integration service (similar to IFTTT), now has integration with Things. Here’s how you can connect them and configure some automated tasks.
- Log in to Zapier, and click Make a Zap.
For this walkthrough, I’m going to create a Zap that allows an RSS feed to trigger new tasks in Things 3. If you have a website that publishes security bulletins, this might be especially useful so you don’t miss them.
- Choose New Item in Feed for the Trigger, and click Save + Continue.
- Paste in the RSS feed URL, and click Continue.
Zapier will ask you to confirm the information, and click Fetch & Continue.
- Select Create a To-Do, and click Save + Continue.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your “Mail to Things Address,” and click Yes, Continue.
If you don’t know how to find your account, you can look it up inside Things for iOS or macOS.
- Next, you’ll go through the process of testing the Zap to make sure it works.
- Once you are finished, make sure the Zap is turned on, and then everything will work automatically in the background.
What creative uses have you come up with by integrating Zapier and Things? Let us know on Twitter @thesweetsetup!
We have more helpful tips right here.