Day One In Depth is a comprehensive guide to Day One, the best journaling app for Mac and iOS.
Below is the complete table of contents for Day One In Depth.
Chapter 1: Journaling Can Change Your Life
Journaling has so many benefits beyond catharsis. It can be a critical component to a meaningful life of creativity, productivity, and leadership. In this chapter we discuss the value of journaling itself, covering how journaling helps with memory, finding mental and emotional clarity, growing as a writer, increasing productivity, and more.
Chapter 2: Why Day One?
In this chapter we discuss the many advantages to using a digital journal, and why we believe Day One is the best journaling app out there for Mac and iOS.
Chapter 3: The Big Features
Here we discuss all of Day One’s most high-level features that are central to both the Mac and iOS apps.
- Search and Discover
- Making the Most of Tags
- Day One’s Publish feature
- How to Share and Export your Day One Entries
- Sync (keeping your journal in sync between multiple devices)
- Day One Markdown Guide
Chapter 4: The Mac App
In this chapter we go in depth to how Day One on the Mac works and how to get the most out of it.
- Basics of How the Mac App Works
- How to Create a New Entry on the Mac
- Advanced Filtering of your Timeline View
- Location and Maps
- Customizing and Fine Tuning your Day One
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Chapter 5: The iOS App
In this chapter we go in depth to how Day One for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch works and how to get the most out of it.
- Introduction to Day One on iPhone and iPad
- Creating and Editing Entries on iOS
- Day One Reminders on iOS
- Advanced Settings
- The Day One Today Widget
- The Day One Share Extension
Chapter 6: Day One on Apple Watch
- How to set up and use Day One on your Apple Watch.
Chapter 7: Getting More out of Day One
In this chapter we give ideas and tutorials for how to use Day One beyond just a standard journal.
- Suggested Uses for Day One
- Using Day One During Your Down Time
- How to Use Day One as a Travel Log
- How to Develop a Consistent Journaling Routine
- Day One and Going Paperless
- 30 Day Journaling Challenge